Institution frequently update its IT facilities and provide sufficient bandwidth for internet connection
MVP Samaj’s Karmveer Abasaheb Alias N. M. Sonawane Arts, Commerce and Science College, Satana has very good IT facilities available for teaching learning, research, and administration.
- College continuously reviewed and upgraded the facilities including software, hardware, internet/Wi-Fi connectivity, backup, and allied IT facilities to ensure better learning experiences in line with the vision-mission statement.
- As per the need and requirements from various departments and offices in the college, college has purchased various instruments and devices which incl. computers, laptops, software, printers, scanners, LCD projectors, Xerox machines, digital cameras, webcams, smart boards, interactive boards, Audio-Aids, internet, etc.
- BSNL’s internet broadband facility is available in the college which provides a maximum speed of 100
- In addition to wired internet facility we also have 7 Wi-Fi hubs particularly in science department including Computer Science Laboratory and Office.
- The institute has a 24X7 Wi-Fi facility in the college campus for the student and faculty members to avail internet connection at any place in the college, & hostel.
- The connectivity through a fully networked campus with state-of-the-art IT infrastructure, computing & communication resources, offers students the facilities of e-mail, net surfing, up/down loading of web based application, besides helping them in preparing projects & seminars.
- Also Sophos xg135 firewall is used in the college to prevent illegal access of internet. It offers complete visibility on which applications are being accessed within the organization and by which user, irrespective of their ports and protocols. This stops sophisticated application-layer threats right at the network perimeter, ensuring Application Security.
- Also in Library “Network Resource Centre” is established, through which students can get or search any information.
- All the academic departments and administrative sections are equipped IT facilities for stakeholders. College has Biometric access control for the teaching and non-teaching staff.
- All of the departments and sections are connected with an intercom facility. The library is fully computerized with a barcode-based issuing and return process, and an online public access catalogue (OPAC) facility is made available in the central library.
- The college has computer labs for UG, PG students, Knowledge Resource Centre in Library, a language lab and computer labs of computer science department strengthening Teaching Learning Process (TLP).
- In Library the software is used for issuing of-cards, accessioning, circulation, OPAC.
- The Institution has 151 Computers out of which 43 are used for administrative and 108 are used for academic purpose.
- Computer labs connected with LAN facility.
- Also in the institute 13 Canon printers, 10 HP and 08 all in one printer are available for administrative and academic purposes. 05 smart boards, 07 projectors and 02 LCD TV is also available for making the TLP interesting.
- The college has purchased an integrated College Management Software. (ERP Software)The software is used for admission, accounting, TC, examination, and Library related works.
- Routine activities related to students like the generation of fee receipts, Bonafide certificates, Leaving certificates are generated using the software.
- The software is updated periodically.